Happy Birthday, Papaw! We celebrated Friday night at the Indians game. The Pawtucket Red Sox played the Indianapolis Indians (red sox won!). Playing on the lawn and watching the game is a great way to spend a summer evening. We are working our way toward making it through an entire game to see the fireworks at the end...maybe next summer.

Generally speaking, where you find Carson...you find Bennett. He loves his cousins, but has a particular fondness for Carson. Sometimes Bennett will say, "...mommy, I Carson." Zach jokes that Bennett has 2 idols in his life - Carson and our neighbor across the street, Riley. We use code word "idol" when Riley is outside playing.

The weather Saturday afternoon could not have cooperated any more than it did for an afternoon cook-out and "camp" experience with Zach's colleagues and their families. The host family offered horseback riding, fishing, bounce house jumping, swimming, basketball AND great food.
Snickers, the horse, checking out Elly Rose. It was a little too close for her comfort. Following Zach snapping this photo, she let out a panicked scream of "get away!"

Bennett fed Snickers lots of grass. And later in the evening did a little bareback riding on Snickers. He was fearless!

I love Bennett's imaginitve play. I talk about it often, but it is often what we do. On this morning it was ladders, firemen and bulldozers in the sandbox.

He likes to role play...pretending to be a doctor, a construction-man or daddy. He assigns roles to Zach and I, as well. He will switch us...daddy is mommy and mommy is daddy. Or daddy is Lofty, I am Bob the Builder and Bennett is Wendy.

She claps!

We are quite close to a first tooth popping through on bottom. She chews relentlessly for relief.
Our weekend was made complete last night when we joined Zach's family for dinner and first meeting of Charley for Bennett and Elly Rose (I cheated and went Saturday night after our babies went to sleep). She is precious...filled with so much sweetness. She has our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment